Whenever you think about the expedition in Nepal, you should include Mt. Pumori on your destination list because this is one of the breaths taking expedition destination. Being near to mighty Mount Everest you can enjoy the beautiful view of Mount Everest from the top tips of Mt. Pumori. The distance between Mount Everest to and from Mt. Pumori is only of eight kilometers. This is located in Mahalangur on the border of Nepal and Tibet. This Mountain was named as Pumori because of its significant meaning that is “Unmarried Daughter” in Sherpa language and the person who gives this name to this mountain is George Mallory.
This mountain stands with the height of 7,161m. In 1962 A.D. this mountain was explored for the first time and it was concluded by the member of the German and Swiss Expedition team.” Gerhard Lenser” .this Mountain can be even interesting to those climbers who have already step their foot on top of Mount Everest because of the technical difficulty that this mountain possesses.
To be on the top of this mountain you have to set four successive camps in different elevation like first at 5300m and 5650m, 6000m, 6480m respectively. Climbing this mountain, we can take it as a practice session for climbing Mountain Everest. And if you get success to be the top of this mountain in one attempt then you will be the lucky one because this will provide you the feeling like you are already on the top of Mount Everest.
Day 01: Arrive in TIA, Katmandu (1,310m) welcome by Himalayan Nepal Trek transfer to hotel briefing stay at a hotel on BB plan.
Day 02: Pre-trip meeting and a full day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley. Stay at a hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan.
Day 03: Official formalities in Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan
Day 04: Fly to Lukla and start trek to Phakding, overnight at guest house.
Day 05: Trek to Namche Bazaar, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 06: Rest at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization, overnight at guest house.
Day 07: Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3860 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guest house
Day 08: Trek to Dingboche, overnight at guest house.
Day 09: Trek to Lobuche, overnight at guest house.
Day 10: Trek to Pumori Base Camp, overnight at tented camp.
Day 11, 12 and 13: Rest & acclimatization day in Pumori base camp. Visit Everest base camp as well. Overnight tented camp
Day 14 - 31: Climbing Period.
Day 32: Trek back to Pheriche, overnight at guest house.
Day 33: Trek to Namche Bazaar, overnight at guest house.
Day 34: Trek to Lukla, overnight at guest house.
Day 35: Fly back to Katmandu, overnight at hotel.
Day 36: Rest day in Kathmandu and shopping, farewell dinner in traditional Nepali restaurant.
Day 37: final departure!!! Himalayan Nepal Trek staff will drop you to TIA 3 hours before your flight time
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from Airport both Domestic and International with other necessary surface transport (by Non-A/C Vehicles) as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International airport by Himalayan Nepal trek representative while arriving and departing.
- 5 Nights accommodations at Star hotels in Katmandu on B/B basis.
- One day sightseeing in Katmandu (Sayambunath, Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Durbar Square).
- Local English-speaking Tour Guide for sightseeing in Katmandu.
- Necessary staffs including experienced guides and porters during the trekking and climbing.
- Flight Tickets for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu sector to all climbing member and Staff.
- All trekking and camping equipment like camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents, etc.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch, and Dinners with tea or coffee) along with available accommodation at Hotel/ Lodge/ Guest Houses or tents for members and staffs during trek and climbing in twin sharing basis.
- Per person 60kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter or Yak and 40kg baggage allowance while returning from Base Camp after climbing the Mt. Pomuri
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee)and TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System).
- Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt.Pomuri along southeast ridge route.
- Nepalese Government Royalty;
- One Experienced, Trained, Government Licensed, and Climbing/Expedition Guide (Sherpa) per client.
- All wages, equipment, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs in trekking and expedition.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication and available for members with the cost of US$ 4 per minute call.
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- Emergency Oxygen mask and regulator provided on requirement of guest with appropriate charge
- Each expedition member will have an individual tent available in the ABC.
- Solar panel for light and battery charger.
- All tents for camp 1, 2 and 3. Ice fall charges and Gamow Bags.
- 7 Oxygen Bottles (24L) with mask and regulators (if requested by client)
- We provide Sherpa's tents, food for climbing, and insurance
- Free assistance service for Cargo clearance and Duties.
- Our service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation, and visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu before departure.
- Himalayan Nepal Trek Special Gifts (T-shirt/Pashmina etc.)
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except for the farewell dinner)
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars or any other food consumed beyond the prescribed breakfast, lunch and dinner, etc.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phone And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Camera/Video Fees or Trekking Gears
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations, etc.
- Transportation is not on disposal basis. It is strictly as per the itinerary. Any extra distance traveled will be charged extra.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Walkie-talkies & Filming permit (if special camera).
- Personal climbing gears;
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival)
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary