Geographical formation of Nepalese Himalayan range is very interesting and attractive because it has gifted Nepal many highest mountain in the world those are best for base camp trekking to top up summit expedition. On the list of those highest mountain peak Makalu is 5th highest mountain peak in world with elevation of 8463 meter. This mountain peak is located in border of Nepal and Tibet, south ridge from Nepal and north ridge from Tibet. If particularly to explain this mountain has 4 ridges from different direction which give it perfect pyramid shape. This mountain is also called couple mountain peak because of another peak attached with it in western ridge by saddle and is called Chomolonzo with elevation of 7818 meter.
This mountain is located in the central Himalayan range of south Asian country Nepal only 14 miles away from great mighty Mount Everest The world highest mountain peak at latitude of 27.889915 and longitude of 87.089396. On the basic of difficulty this mountain is also one of the major difficult mountain peaks in the world because of its complex formation and among the different route to summit the north east route is very difficult. This mountain was first attempted by US mountaineering group in 1954 but they don’t successes to summit but in 1955 French mountaineering were success to summit this mountain peak. Gradually in 1971 by Russian team and other different climbers but until date, only five of its first sixteen attempts were successful, there have been 206 victorious ascents of Makalu and 22 fatalities. Best season to climb this mountain peak is April and May. Nearest international airport to be here is Tribhuvan International Airport Kathmandu Nepal and nearest convenient center is Hille, Nepal vies Dhahran Bazaar
Makalu with its unique biology and cultural treasury has been able to keep its eye chanting position among its Visitors.
- Arrival & Departure : Airport transfers-Airport/Hotel/Airport
- Hotel In Kathmandu : 4 nights in Katmandu star level Hotel on bed & breakfast Basis-Double Room
- Domestic flight: KTM-TMI-KTM with domestic Airport tax
- Transportation: Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Member and Staffs From Kathmandu-Num(by bus) –Base camp(by Porters)- Num(by porters)- Kathmandu(by bus)
- Permit : Makalu expedition permit , National park & TIMS permit.
- Garbage Management :Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees
- Lodging & Fooding : Food 3 meals a day in Trekking & Base camp for member & Staffs
- Cargo Clearance : International Air cargo clearance of Member Personal Luggage & Payment of Government taxes
- Liaison Officer : 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary ,accommodation .
- Base Camp Staff : Base camp Cook & kitchen Helper
- Porter : Porters per member up to Base camp & Porters return from Base camp
- Staff Salary and allowance : All Nepali staffs & porters daily wages, equipment, food & clothing
- Insurance : All Staffs Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance
- Member Luggage :70 Kg per member for personal baggage
- Base Tent : VE25 North face or Kailas tents for base camp for per member
- Base Base equipment : Base camp foam mattresses, dinning, Kitchen, Toilet & Store tents, hot shower, Tables & chairs & Cooking gears
- Heater : Heater for base camp in each Dining and other necessary camp
- Light : 1 Solar panel for battery charge and light at base camp for use.
- Dinner: one Farewell Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Nepalese Staff
- Base camp service
- Oxygen: (O2)-Poisk cylinder: 02 oxygen bottle for each member and 01 oxygen bottle for each high altitude Sherpa
- Mask & Regulator : 1 Set of top Out mask for each member and high altitude Sherpa
- Permit : Satellite Phone /walkie talkie Phone if necessary in basis of Member
- High Altitude Climbing Sherpa: 1 Climbing Sherpa per member and Climbing Bonus U$
- High camp service : Necessary cooking gas, cooking pot for member, high altitude Sherpa, high altitude tent, high food and fixing gear (C1) (C2) (C3) (C4) - 88.
- Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & dinner in Katmandu Hotel stay and more then 4 nights in Kathmandu Hotel
- Insurance : Travel and high altitude insurance ,accident, medical & emergency evacuation
- Personal Expenses: Telephone, Internet, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages, personal equipment and shopping
- Nepal's Visa: Nepali Visa fee US$ 40 per person for 30 days ( to be applied for 100 days (USD$ 100)
- Sherpa summit Bonus & Tips : Sherpa Summit bonus US$1000 , please calculate some tips
- Rescue Evacuation : Emergency rescue evacuation cost, if needed and all other personal nature